This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

new teeth

John is breaking in all four canine teeth this week. The tips of the bottom right canine is now visible. He is also cutting the back molars. This is making him irritated. This is making us irritated. But John continues in mostly good spirits. I made an excellent tamale pie on Monday, and we all enjoyed it for several days. Then we spent the next few days on cup of noodle in anticipation of Thanksgiving. John has learned some new dance moves, doing a version of the Twist along to his baby TV shows. He also does the "I'm happy because I'm doing something bad" dance and clap. We re-arranged the furniture in the living room and bedroom over the past week.
Charles' work had a pot luck on Wednesday and we brought John. He wasn't interested in eating anything, only running around messing with computers and dry erase markers. I had to kill an hour or so when Charles was finishing work, so I took John out to the courtyard there. There is a large wisteria vine out there that has dropped all its seeds. They looked like large dry beans. John and I picked them up and put them in a Slurpee container we found (and I washed). That kept John busy for a long time. Then we came home and dropped off John with Nana and went to work. It was very busy in Berkeley. People buying puzzles and party games to bring to the family.
Then, we hurried back home so I could brine the turkey, which took me way too long. I had to make my own vegetable stock for it first, which I should have done on Tuesday, but that became relax and nap day. Oh well, I went to bed at 3 am and got up at noon! So, no Thanksgiving dinner until 8pm for us!

No comments: