This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rough Night

Last night John woke up at 4am and would not be consoled. He has been waking up at 4am for the past several nights. I had been leaving him to cry, but this time I tried taking him back to bed with me. He stilled cried, I think because it was dark. We turned on the bathroom light and calmed him, but he kept tossing and kicking and finally we gave up and he went back to his crib to cry. He didn't last long until he fell asleep. He hasn't been eating much food lately, and instead had been sucking down bottles. I think its his teeth. He wants a bottle at 4am too. Then, even in his super thick over night diapers, in the morning I find his diaper has exploded! The over nights are full of this gel that beads up with the moisture. The gel is everywere! He isn't exactly wet, but....
The solution is to give him less milk, but its hard because he can't eat comfortably. Hopefully his teeth will come in and heal soon.

No comments: