This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seminary weekend


We all went to seminary on Friday for orientation.
I wish I had a picture that fully shows how beautiful the campus is. This is a picture of the chapel.

We packed up John and went early for 9am breakfast. There was another little boy staying with his mom and dad in the dorm there. He was 15 months old and his name was Jackson. I was hoping John would play with him, but he was not interested.


We ate breakfast and then we started on the tour of the campus. We went to the dorm for the out of state students, and John wanted to play with the piano in the meeting hall there. He did not want to continue on the tour. He started throwing a fit, so the group with Charles went on and I took John out of the dorm. I turned my back on him and I thought he would follow me, but he got up and ran in the other direction. When I turned the corned to find him, he was jumping in the sprinklers, getting all wet! I let him do it for a good long while (he was enjoying himself and the damage was already done). When he finally got cold from that cold water, he got out and I changed him. I had thought ahead and packed 2 extra outfits, but I neglected to bring extra shoes! So, John and I spent time wondering around campus with no shoes on.
We caught up with Charles an hour later. He was sitting in on a class. Then we went to a prayer break with him. John relaxed on the couch and drank some milk. Then he got up and left, and I had to go with him. We wondered around some more and talked to the groundskeepers. Then it was lunch time. We got in the car and went to a near by golf course in Tilden Park to get lunch at the cafe there. John was restless and running around the cafe and the putting green. Then we went back to campus and John finally passed out in his stroller. We went to an informational meeting about class requirements and financial aid, and John slept for 2 hours. Then it was time for me to go to work. We got in the car and Charles dropped me off at work, then took John home, dropped him off with Nana and then went back to the campus for a BBQ dinner.

No comments: