This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

long night

John got pesty last night, not letting either of us sit down or eat. This made mama snappish and cranky. Finally, it was bed time, midnight. He went to sleep right away, I think because his crib is so much more comfortable than the playpen he was sleeping in. However, he woke up at 4am and started crying and crying again, like the first night. We didn't go get him and after 20 minutes I could hear him turning on his music box and talking to his stuffed animals.
He woke up screaming again at 8:30 when dad got up for work. I brought him upstairs with a bottle, hoping he would settle down to sleep. That's when we got a call from the washing machine rebate people. I attempted to answer the phone buy leaving baby and running down the stairs. I missed the call and baby was definitely awake when I returned. Siigh. Oh well. We went downstairs and watched Little Einsteins and made coffee and toast.
I fed him some yogurt with lots of extra cereal and orange slices for breakfast, and now he is pushing his toy car back and forth. If you pull it backward, it shoots forward and pops the beads in its interior. Very cute.
I have to go to work at 3pm.

No comments: