This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

our terrible week

So, two Sundays ago, we skipped church because we were tired. That Saturday we had gone to the Zoo and were a little wiped out, especially Charles who had a bad cold. Then on Monday, Charles was feeling better and we all went to our friend Bob's house for Charles to play warhammer with him. I was going to go and talk to his wife Sydney and let our kids play together. They have a 10 month old, Jake. However, Jake was feeling a little sick and had been sent home from daycare. Which meant Sydney had to stay home from work to stay with him. So, they were too cranky for me and John. I took John for lots of walks that night!
On Tuesday I baked a chicken. I used a thermometer and when I pulled the chicken out, the juices ran clear, so we ate it. However, when Charles went to carve up the leftovers, we found the chicken was still raw and bloody under the first layer.
As I was putting John to bed that night, he started throwing up all over the bed. At the same time, Charles had run to the bathroom. I cleaned him up and put him back to bed. I took all the dirty clothes and blankets down to the laundry room. Then I went to bed. John proceded to get up every hour and throw up all over, and I had to go down and clean him up, change his clothes and his bedding. This happened 6 times. I ran out of blankets and sheets, but by the morning, John was so tired and weak that he couldn't sit up and get it all over, he just turned his head and left a small puddle under him. ick! Poor baby was so tired he didn't really wake up when i picked him up and dressed him, then lay him on the floor and changed his crib.
That morning I had an 8am appointment with a psychologist for my airplane panic prescription. I couldn't miss it because it would take another month to get another appointment. So, we all packed up and drove to the psych office. By this time, Charles was also sick... he had to pull over the car and be sick on the way there. I had my 30 min appointment and then got referred to a psychiatrist who could prescribe medicine. I was given the appointment for the next week (I could have taken the next day, but I anticipated being sick myself by then). We went home, Charles crawled off to bed and I cleaned up John again and put him in his bed. Then, I finally succumbed to violent illness. I managed to watch John until 3, when my mom thankfully came up and I left her with the baby. By then, John was feeling better and was running around again.
I was violently sick for about 12 hours. So was Charles.
The next few days we were weak and couldn't eat. We called in sick to work. On Friday, we went back to work. we had to take John with us because Nana was now violently sick. We didn't get much work done that day!
On Saturday, I cleaned up the house, mopped the kitchen, disinfected the counter, and vacuumed. On Sunday, we intended to go to church, but we missed it by an hour. Daylight Savings! We forgot because we lost that week.
Then on Tuesday, I had to work to cover for the owners, who were in SoCal at a game and gift show. Since Nana was working, we had to take John to work at GoB with us again, and not much work got done that day either! I was late, too, because thats when I had my drugs appointment. Welcome to the eternal sunshine of my spotless mind.
Now, its our normal workweek. Things are pretty much back to normal. I'll make a Corned Beef on Monday.

No comments: