This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

things John can say

purple- he says it to get a good reaction out of me. I think it sounds so cute, and its a two-syllable word! He doesn't understand that its a color

meat-he knows what this is. If you give him a piece of baloney or ham he says "meat". He stole the pepperoni off my slice of pizza the other day and said "meat"

More!- he seams to struggle to get this word out correctly. When he says this, he means it. Like when he eats all his portion of Mac & Cheese, he says more! and reaches out his hand. when he finishes his baba he holds it out and says either Mama or more. Both means he is demanding a refill.

Cheee- cheese. He can only get the first syllable out. He knows what it means.

He handed me something once, I think his baba for me to hold for him while he went to get a book, and he said Thankyou. He only did that once. I think he said sorry once after I told him no.

he says no, but he doesn't seem to quite grasp what it means, and we don't help him

he says buh-fly for butterfly, Duck (he loves pointing out ducks)
pop!- because in one of his books the baby bird pops out of the egg, and I bounce him up on my knee. so he says it when he jumps. he also says "papa" instead of "dada" sometimes

daddy- with a gap between the dad and the dy

cow- he can identify a cow and say moooo but its an unorthodox moo

kiddy- kitty. he says this sometimes but mostly he just says "hiss"

he still can't say Pig only "snort"

No comments: