This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Animal Identification


I was sitting on the couch and John brought me his Baby farm animals Little Golden book. I opened the first page, which is a black lamb. I said "baby sheep is called a lamb. BaaBaa". Then I said, "lets find the piggies (middle of the book)" and John said "snort!" So I found the piglets and snorted. Then, John left and came back with a plastic lamb, that was white, but had the same body shape as the lamb in the book. Very good! Baabaa! Then he went and got the a plastic pig, that bore a good resemblance to the one in the book! What a smart baby! Snort snort, baabaa.
Then he brought me another book, which a rhino. Snort! says John.
Well, he does have a very similar body shape, but I point out the horn on his nose and say "Rhino, not Piggy". John picks up the plastic pig, and holds it up against the rhino illustration. They have the same silhouettes, except for the horn. So, A for effort. A+ because he tried to convince me it really was a piggy.

No comments: