This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autumn Walks 1


Since Monday, I have been taking John for walks up and down the driveway. I get the mail and drop off some of our never-ending recycling (paper junk mail and empty milk jugs). Yesterday (Tuesday) was just hell! I was carrying John's water bottle and the camera and when we got to the bottom, he just kept running into the street. If I tried to hold his hand, he was throw himself down on the ground and yell. I had a ton of mail that I was trying to carry. I had to drag John by his hand out of the street as cars came whizzing by. I finally had to carry him kicking and screaming up the driveway. When I was half way up, I set him down to see if he would give up on the street and walk up with me. He clapped and ran down the hill! When I yelled "No!" he ran faster. I caught him and lugged him uphill, dropping my mail. I put him on the stairs, and again he ran to the driveway! I yelled at him and took him up to his crib and made him stay there for 15 minutes! That was SO not the fun I thought it would be.
The photo above is John's metal water bottle. It has an innovative twist open spout that he has an easy time drinking from. He hasn't taken to sippy cups very well. He won't suck on them if they have the no drip valve, and he pours the water all over himself if they don't have the valve in place. This cute bottle is made by the swiss company Sigg. They are very trendy right now, especially since most water bottles, sippy cups and baby bottles are made from a type of plastic San Franciscans think will give you cancer or will destroy your aura, or something.

No comments: