This is our John. There are many Johns out there, but this one is ours. Our daily life with John, celebrating the insignificant details that make up life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autumn Walks 2


We went for a walk again today (Wednesday), but this time I came prepared. I bought a small tote bag to bring up the mail, water bottle, and camera. I also put John's doggie backpack leash on. He was a little hesitant to go down the front stairs. I guess he remembered the fiasco that went on yesterday, poor baby.
We walked down to the mailbox, and I got the mail and put it in my bag. I also dumped some recycling. John wanted to look at the road. I let him look at the reflectors and yellow paint for a moment, but then took him out of the street. He threw a fit and thew himself toward the street, but I just held his leash tighter. I moved him up the driveway a bit and then put him down as I sorted the junk mail into the recycling bin. He threw himself on the ground and screamed and screamed, but I didn't have to worry, because he couldn't get away. I just kept telling him, "no street, dangerous." eventually, I put the mail away and carried John halfway up the driveway. I set him down, and he came along nicely with me, then crawled up the stairs by himself! Good boy! Now, if he can only get used to not going in the street and if he would only stop screaming and kicking when I say no...
This is the Eddie Bauer Harness Buddy, we got it at Target. They make other cute animals. The leash tail detaches, and its a backpack. John likes to hold and pet the doggie.

No comments: